Having the ability to trim unnecessary parts of your video is going to be useful in several ways. Needless to say the very fact that you can remove any parts you don’t need and only keep the bits that are important is a benefit in itself, but on top of that you could use it to extract the ‘best bits’ to save and short video clips, delete bad footage and subsequently replace it with re-recorded footage, and much more.
If you’re concerned that learning how to trim video will be difficult, that’s largely going to depend on the software that you’re using. With the help of Movavi Video Editor however, you’ll find that trimming your videos is actually a very straightforward and hassle-free process that can be accomplished with a few steps:
- Load the video that you want to edit by clicking ‘Add Media Files’ and selecting it.
- Click on the video that you just added, which should have automatically appeared in the ‘Timeline’.
- Move the red marker right above the ‘Timeline’ to the point where you want to split the video.
- Click the ‘Scissors’ icon to split the video at that point.
- Select the segment of video that you want to trim out and click ‘Delete’.
- Repeat these steps as necessary until all the parts of the video that are unnecessary are removed.
- Save your video by clicking ‘Export’.
In some cases you may need to split a video twice in order to isolate the segment (i.e. if it is in the middle of the clip rather than either end. That being said, it is so easy to do that you should have no problems really.
Before you save your video it would be a good idea to experiment with the other features in Movavi Video Editor. Between enhancing the video quality, adding customizable text, applying special effects and filters, inserting audio tracks, and even combining multiple videos – you should have all the tools that you need to do some pretty exciting things.
Assuming you’re willing to experiment and try out these features, you’ll start to understand how they work and what they can do. It shouldn’t take more than a few minutes for you to familiarize yourself with any of the features in Movavi Video Editor, and once you do the number of possibilities that will be at your fingertips will make it time well spent.